Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Apron customized

Its that time again when I get out my fabric that once had a different use  & make it in to something else. 
A while ago a good friend of mine had some fabric chair covers, which I took apart & I used the fabric to make some tote bags, which I featured on my blog earlier this year.

I had a piece of fabric left, so I decided to make an apron for Allison to wear in her new kitchen.
I did seams in the side panels which is okay, but the seam across the waist I didn't want to see (too many joins). 

I found some satin ribbon so I decided to attach it, to hide the waist seam.   I also added the ribbon to the pocket edge.   It looked so nice; I decided to then use it for the neck & waist ties.    Its 25mm wide which is a good width, & it keeps it all flowing beautifully.



No comments:

Post a Comment