Sunday, January 10, 2010

Custom Made!


I was given a chinese dress by a lady who's husband had received it as a gift while working out in China. It was for his daughter but, unfortunately the dress was for a younger aged girl; so she never got to wear it!

They asked me if I could do anything with it. As you may already know I love making individual noticeboards so I thought it would work on a couple of thin canvases due to the style of the dress. It would have been a shame to cut into the whole dress so I put some light blue satin fabric underneath the neck line & cut into it (hate that bit as there is no turning back) keeping the top of the dress in tact (Phew made it!).



Getting the right shade for the ribbon was a worry but I matched it up a treat. It still looks like her dress & it can be used to hold pictures or notes, but I hear her Mum's trying to get one of the boards (hee)! I think they should stay together!

No comments:

Post a Comment